Rochester Education Foundation is focused on raising resources to help city school students succeed. We are independent and non-partisan. We also are legally and functionally independent of the Rochester City School District. REF is a 501(c)(3) corporation; all contributions are tax deductible to the full extent provided by law.
REF is governed by a board of directors drawn from the community, and advised by an Advisory Council. Day-to-day activities of the organization are overseen by the Executive Director.
Patricia Braus, Executive Director
Stuart Hencke, Deputy Director
Sara Connor, Program Administrator
Joan Gerrity, Special Projects
Board of Directors
University of Rochester
Retired Principal RCSD/Former CEO, Charter School.
- Julie Cook
- Attorney and Compliance Specialist
- Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
- Judith Dumitru
- Assistant Director, Financial Aid and Scholarships, Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Lori Florack
- Director of Talent Management and Administration
- The Lifestime Healthcare Companies, Rochester Region
- Anthony Green, Secretary
- Deputy to the Provost, University of Rochester
- Laurie Haelen, Treasurer
- Senior Vice President, Investment Officer, Wealth Strategies Group, Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Co.
- Susan Kaufmann, Chair
- Consultant and Retired RCSD Administrator
- Sara M. Kelly, Ph.D.
- Director, Residential Life/Learning Communities & Student Conduct, The College at Brockport, SUNY
- Joseph M. Levy
- Xerox Corporation
- Marsheé Love
- Employment Specialist
- Monroe County Department of Human Services
- Kimberley McKinsey-Mabry, Ed.D.
- Dean, Business and Community Engagement, Monroe Community College
- Diane Miller
- Vice President, Marketing/Member Services
- Advantage Federal Credit Union
- Robert R. Neale. Vice-Chair
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
- George Tsanis
- Vice President and Senior Bank Manager, East Winton
- M&T Bank
Mark D. Wagner
Director, provider reimbursement operations
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
- Don Bergmann
- Advisor and Former Chairman
- Bergmann Associates
- Dan Burns
- Rochester President
- M&T Bank
- Walter Cooper, Ph.D
- Retired Kodak scientist
- Former New York State Board of Regents member
- Jennifer Leonard
- President and Executive Director
- Rochester Area Community Foundation