Wilson Outdoor Club Fund
This fund supports the Wilson Outdoor Club, a student club at Wilson Magnet High School. Contributions support student participation and activities in county parks, Western New York recreation areas, and beautiful natural areas even farther afield, such as Camp Pathfinder in Canada.
The club offers urban students an opportunity to participate in activities that are fun, educational and physically active. Many young participants in the club have never been to county parks or enjoyed the beautiful outdoors as they can through their participation in club activities.
In addition to having a good time, club participants develop an appreciation for the environment. Adventure awaits students who are ready to seek the unknown and challenge their limits.
Participants in the club:
- Have an opportunity to hike in local county parks
- Learn basic map and navigation skills
- Enjoy physical activity in a fun environment
- Build confidence and self-esteem
- Improve basic science, math and social studies skills
- Gain appreciation for nature and the environment
- Enjoy a sense of adventure and leadership
- Appreciate Western New York's beauty
Learn more about the Wilson Outdoor Club on the club's facebook page:
Wilson Outdoor Club facebook page.
Support the Program
Use the button at right to make a donation in support of Rochester Education Foundation and the Wilson Outdoor Club Fund.